Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Seasons, Days, Years

"And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and days and years..."

I read this today during Joel's morning nap. It struck me because I had never really noticed this verse before. God made light--the sun, moon, and stars--to give us days and years. You might be thinking "well duh", but I've never thought deeper into what this means. It boggles my mind over and over how God has a purpose in every single thing He does.

In the beginning, He had a plan: a way for us to tell the seasons, the days, and the years. How awesome is that?! Can you imagine a world where you had no idea what day or time it was? You would have no way of knowing when to eat or sleep. Goodness, you wouldn't even know when to put your baby down for a nap. (I think I would go crazy!)


God know us. He knows we need time and structure in our days. Even in the beginning before He had created humans, He knew everything we would need....even light so we could tell time. 

1 comment:

Sarah Geyman said...

That is soooooo prety