Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Nesting Projects

I wanted something simple and blue that didn't cost an arm and a leg to hang in our master bathroom. So, I found this piece of wood at the farm, mixed a blue acrylic with a clear glaze until it matched the blues in our bathroom, and painted it.
I saw a painting of some type of flower on pinterest, and I really loved it. This was my first time working with acrylic paint, so I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but it worked out and matches our bathroom well. I didn't put much time into the actual painting part, but the drying in between layers seemed to take forever. Give me a pencil over paint any day!
Another pinterest project. An old window (again, found at the farm).
Some spray adhesive glue and scrapbook paper.
Cut the paper to fit the glass, sprayed a tiny bit of glue on the glass, and pressed the paper down.

You can write on it with dry erase. Some of the names of God would be awesome.

No comments: