Monday, July 18, 2011

365 Challenge #168

This is from the attempted nine month photo shoot. This picture didn't turn out well at all for a couple reasons. 1. Joel was grouchy and wiggly, so I didn't have time to set him up, set my camera up, and get a good picture.
2. Because I skimped on setting my camera up, my settings weren't right. I probably should have switched to automatic. I had my ISO on 400, Aperture on 5.6, and Shutter Speed on 1/25s. WAY too much light was getting into the camera, and even with the exposure corrected some, the picture below looks overexposed. :(
Oh well...this one was a little better.
Sometimes with overexposed pictures, you can save them by strongly editing them. I usually like the more natural, lots of color look....but sometimes I like edited photos. I edited the one below awhile ago, but I think these are the steps I followed in Picnik (I'm learning how to use Adobe photo shop, but it's so much more complicated than Picnik!).
1. Black and White
2. Soften the whole picture. Resharpen (erase the soften) on Joel and the crate
3. Resoften the sheet behind Joel to help erase wrinkles
4. HDR action at (I think) 50%
5. Pencil sketch action at 70%

No comments: