Friday, July 1, 2011

365 Challenge #151

Ok....this is how shutter speed can totally change the look of your picture. All the following sky pictures were taken within a few minutes of each other, and I used ISO 800, aperture 5.6 on all of them.

Shutter speed: 1/80s
See how the sky is overexposed? This shutter speed might have been good if you were trying to take a picture of a person in front of the sky, but I was trying to get a good picture of the sunset. You can't even tell there WAS a sunset in this photo.
Shutter speed: 1/320s
This is better, but still not showing the true color of the sunset...it still looked a little muted and overexposed.
Shutter speed: 1/320s
This was slightly better...I didn't change the shutter speed, but somehow it was better (maybe someday I'll know why :P )

Shutter Speed: 1/500s
Ah, much better. The colors really pop.

Made the colors a little more vibrant in Picnik.

I like the bird in this one.


Last of the basketball ones....edited in Picnik.
Process: Gritty, then Vignette
Process: Gritty which I then darkened, then Vignette

No comments: