Thursday, August 7, 2008

More of July

In late July, all eighteen of us crammed into our beaten up red van for a day in the mountains, just this time we remembered the camera (so now we can blog about it :P)


A log was in the way...that should explain.

Most of us went exploring on the creek, the dads went fishing, while some just hung out at the campsite.


Ummm...Taylor?


"Ooh, that's cold!"

One of the few things we found floating down the river


Standing on the United States/Canadian National Border (on the US side of course :D ), in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by huckleberry bushes

Boating the creek in a half barrel contraption



Uh, boating?




Eating cherry pie

"Hey! Look what I caught--cherry pie!"

Littles asleep on the drive home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! Where were you? What creek is that? I love the pictures!
Eden

Jordan said...

That was Boundry creek up near the US/Canadian border :)

Are you really busy with fair this week?

Anonymous said...

Busy hardly describes how we are running around with our heads cut off! Though I am the only one who did 4-H this year, mom still insisted on doing an informational booth in the pavilion. Between preparing the booth and signing record books, we're kept very occupied. I am so glad that we are not doing animals though! Just walking next to the pig and cow barns makes me wonder how I survived the last 8 years! I am a bit spoiled this year I think...

Jordan said...

Wow! Yeah...whenever we did 4-H, fair week was the craziest week of the year! It usually took us a whole month to recover :P

Anonymous said...

I imagine with all of the exhibits you guys had to have had!!