Monday, August 4, 2008

July

I had an aMAZing one month visit home this July in beautiful Idaho. The month was busy...but great--loved seeing my family again. :)

Just a few memories...


Trying to get over jet lag (this is actually a very good memory...look! We were able to sleep :)

Milking the cow...

Ice cream made from that fresh milk. Mmmmmmm

And cherry pie

AND huckleberry pancakes!

The cherry-shooting slingshot:

The victims:

THIS is what happens when we stay up past midnight playing games....or maybe it's the milk's fault. Mad cows disease or sumpthin'. Yeah, that's it.

In just the one year that I was gone, my family *somehow* collected 15+ kittens. We managed to pawn several of them off to unsuspecting, naive...er.... LUCKY and PRIVILEGED families. Anyone want a cute, sweet, innocent little kitten???

Dinnertime

Hiking....

Swimming...(okay, okay...only two people were brave enough)


And SLEDDING....all at the same lake

Great views

Fishing around our house


"Ummm, guys, this is just disgusting...do we really have to put it on the blog???" :P

Ultimate frisbee

A great dance...

Jonathan and Gillian were quite the dancers....even performed some aerials.


Jumping off the cliff at the Yak

Rafting down the Moyie River


And many, many more memories :)
Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Camy said...

Oh, Jordan, such amazing pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Kittens, huh? Well, I tell ya, if I get some mysterious package from your mom that says "homeschooling materials", I'll make sure to mark it "return to sender" straight away! LOL.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit at home.

Thinking of you! (BTW, I am so jealous of your mom's stove and griddle!!!)

Love,
Camy

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! You guys look like you really had a great time. First class is really the only way to fly:) I had found a supplement that is supposed to help with Jet Lag, but I forgot what it was...to bad- it was really supposed to work!! Enjoy getting back into the swing of things in the Philipines.
Oh, one more thing- how's Tilly? (How are Benj and Hannah handling milking morning and evening? I hope they are enjoying it?) If you need any help milking just give me a call:)
Your Friend,
Eden

Jordan said...

-Camy, LOL...yes, please do send it back!

-Eden, Thank you so much!! I do think the milking is going well.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looked like you had a great time! Love and miss you!

Tencia