Monday, September 26, 2011

365 Challenge #233

Ok, this isn't the best picture because it was dark, and I had to use my flash. But, this is the best dish we've had in awhile! Those are shrimp, deliciously breaded, bang-bang shrimp. The recipe is here: Bang-bang Shrimp. One of our favorite restaurants is Bonefish Grill, but at over $20 a plate and the normal 45 minute wait even with a reservation, we've only been there twice (once while dating and once with a Christmas gift card). Our favorite appetizer at Bonefish is the bang-bang shrimp, so when I found this recipe, I was beyond excited! And sure enough, it tastes like the restaurant's.

The sauce was a little spicy for my preggo belly, so I only coated half of each shrimp. Also, my panko was a little course at first and was falling off the shrimp when I fried them, so I ground the panko in a ziplock bag, and everything went much smoother after that.

No comments: