Monday, September 5, 2011

365 Challenge #214

A big storm and a couple days without electricity or internet have really set me back in my 365 challenge. Nate and Joel opted to take naps on this cold Labor Day afternoon, and I'm drinking decaf coffee and hoping to catch up on pictures before they wake up.

When I'm not feeling nauseated (not very often these days), I've been working on freezing veggies that Nate brings home from the farm. Right now they are harvesting green and yellow zucchini. So I grated a bunch, blanched it, and packed it in freezer bags to make zucchini bread later this winter. My favorite recipe is one my cousin posted on her blog last week. Baking Ballerina's Orange Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
We also picked a 5 gallon bucket of green beans before they were harvested.
Green beans are easy to freeze...you don't even have to blanch them.

No comments: