Thursday, September 8, 2011

365 Challenge #220

I'd just like to write for a minute about how much I love our Amish store. It's just 3 miles away and SO cheap. I got all of this for $23.61. You have to shop carefully though, as a lot of the groceries in the store are expired (I don't mind buying a box of cereal that expired last month.....but you can find cereal that expired FOUR years ago in there).

Here is what I spent on each item:

Farm Fresh Eggs: $1.50
Tully's Coffee: $3.29
Green Mountain Coffee: 3.29
3 Candy Bars (for when Nate calls me and asks me to bring him a snack real quick): $1.00
Milo (haven't seen this since I was in the Philippines!): $2.07
1.75 lbs Pinto Beans: $1.35
Instant Coffee (for Black Bean Brownies): $1.81
1.75 lbs Cornmeal: $0.76
2 lbs Brown Sugar: $1.49
2 lbs Hamburger: $1.79 each
2 large cans Kidney Beans: $1.39 each
1 very large can Diced Tomatoes: $0.69

I added up what I would have approximately paid for these items at full price, and I would have spent about $59.50!! Although I already shopped here quite often, this trip has convinced me to try to do the majority of my grocery shopping here. It's definitely worth the extra time spent looking at expiration dates!

No comments: