Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Newsy Musings

Just some thoughts and news...most of it very random.



Joel hates squash

I mean REALLY hates it

He MUCH prefers his baby rice "wagon wheels"

So intense...he reminds me of Nate so much!


Getting good with his sippy cup

I LOVE getting him up from his naps...he's just so happy to see me! I think this is one of the most fun joys of being a mother

It was a beautiful day today. Joel can sit up all on his own now.

It seemed like he went from not being able to sit up at all without help to being a pro at it in just a week.

The grass was fascinating


Kim found a piano for only $75! I'm so excited!

It's in good condition...just a few slightly chipped keys and needs tuned.

Joel was impressed.

He can't crawl yet...but he gets around the room by rolling.

The other day, he rolled across the room and ripped off a big chunk of wallpaper, right under my nose!

I can already tell he's going to be a handful!

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and homemade raspberry sauce. I KNEW I would be glad I braved picking raspberries off thorny bushes in 100 degree weather while 7 months pregnant last summer. haha

Working on this drawing for a client. It's slowly coming together...so hard to find time during Joel's very short naps. I'll post a picture when I finish.

I was hanging up a shirt, and the whole bar fell down. What a mess.

As it fell, I thought a murderer was coming out at me, and I screamed a very adrenalin filled scream. (Nate was at his night class, and I'm a LOT more skittish when he's gone.) Poor Joel...I scared him so bad.

Joel is growing out of his Pack 'n' Play. This never happened to my siblings until they were over a year old. Nate told me it would happen to Joel before he was 8mo old...I didn't believe him...till now. :P

He loves hair. I'm pretty sure he's thinking here, "HOW can I get some of this on MY head???"

My good friend Michelle surprised me this weekend. Nate knew she was coming, but I didn't. I came downstairs Saturday morning, and she was in my living room :)

Since we both enjoy photography, we decided to have a photo shoot.

Joel happily entertained himself while we took pictures.


He even fell asleep for awhile in the sun.


Tiger shoes from Nana :)




Nate finished his semester this week! SO glad. He had night classes from 5:45pm to 10:00pm Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It was hard having him gone so much. He'll be taking a summer semester as well, but will probably only have one night class.

Favorite quote this week:
"Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds." ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002

Ummm, YES, that would be me right now. If you ever see a woman with a baby do something silly/stupid, please don't blame her...she just isn't getting enough sleep.

Nate and I just finished reading through Isaiah. I never noticed before how many references to a mother and her baby Isaiah uses. Like this we read last night:
"For thus says the Lord...As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted...You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice"
It always amazes me how no matter how many times I read a certain passage of Scripture, something always stands out in a different way. That last verse really hit home as I spend most of my days, and quite a bit of my nights comforting Joel. He depends on me for everything! How much more do we depend on Christ! And how much better can HE comfort us than I can comfort Joel!

Speaking of comforting, I hear a certain baby awake who needs my attention.

1 comment:

Laura Hopper, Midwife said...

I had no idea how talented you were (in regards to drawing)! Wow.
Joel is getting so big. He is a beautiful baby.