Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Trauma: Veins and Needles

Yesterday, we had IV insertion class/exam. Everyone passed the exam, and we're all relieved it's over. P.S. If you're at all like me and are one of those people whose stomach rolls and churns at even the thought of needles and blood *please* don't look at the last three pictures.

Our supplies....

We practiced on balloons first (the straw was the "vein"). During practice, there was a disconcerting amount of balloons exploding.

Inserting...we can do it!

Go Janelle!

It was a slightly traumatic experience for most....

A dizzy episode....

Yeah...we're all still friends no matter how much pain we inflicted on each other.

Hahaha...I laugh every time I see this picture. This was after it was all over; I was crying because I had hurt Serena, and I was just so happy that the IV was inside her vein and finished. :P

Wasn't quite so traumatic for Krys.... :)

Tiffany took SEVEN pokes for me because of what happened here. (She's tired of being thanked....but this is the last time..promise! Thank you!!) ;)

Yet, through the trauma, there was still a lot of smiling and laughing....





The following pictures are the ones you queasy people aren't supposed to look at!


Getting started.....


In the vein! There's flashback!


Yes! It's completely in!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning, but I still looked at the last three pictures..Ugggg..okay so I was pre-warned! ;-) Heeheee....that reminds me of our chemistry class when had to draw everyones blood for the blood type testing. Everyone was really squirming and the needle was on too easy a setting so...we had to keep trying different fingers. I think I was poked on every finger before we got enough blood...UGGG...such memories! :roll: I am glad that you are done!!!!!!! *cheers*

Taylor said...

Ouch! That looks pretty nasty :(

Hannah said...

Wow. I haven't visited this blog in a long time and have been very interested in your recent posts about ministering in the Philippines. What an incredible opportunity! May God bless!