Monday, October 3, 2011

365 Challenge #243

This was my first time ever decorating a cake. I should have taken cake decorating in 4-H. It's harder than it looks. First lesson learned: don't flour the pan....even if the directions tell you that you should.
2nd lesson learned: even if your husband says "the tractor HAS to be red" doesn't necessarily mean you should make the tractor red. You should maybe try to compromise. Like, can we just use chocolate frosting for the tractor....and say it was a reeeeally muddy tractor??? I now have red hand prints all over the house. You know, it's impossible to get red dye out of the sofa....or off of white painted trim for that matter. I am quickly learning to just laugh at the red spots. Someday I'll be able to point to a red spot on the gray sofa and say, "Look! That was from your 1st birthday! How fun!!!" Right??

2 comments:

WERMELINGER said...

I recognize a cutting board!

Jordan said...

Yes! It is a very well loved cutting board. So well loved in fact, that it doesn't get put in the cupboard with the rest of the cutting boards. It gets the privileged position of always being on the counter. :)