Saturday, August 27, 2011

8 Weeks.....32 more to go!

Well, he/she looks a little more like a baby now and is an inch long! The head makes up more than half his/her weight and look at those fingers and toes!

The puking has started full force. I was hoping to avoid it this time, especially since the nausea waited this long to show up. But after throwing up approximately 30 times in the last three days, I've given up that hope and have (sort of) resigned to my fate.

Joel is very sweet and sits next to the toilet with me, making sympathetic gagging and throwing up sounds with me. He thinks it's the new thing to do and shows Nate how he "throws up" when Nate gets home from work.

I spend my time between frantically running for the nearest sink, toilet, or bowl, sitting on the sofa reading Joel books (because moving too much makes me throw up), and nibbling constantly on whatever I think I might be able to keep down.

I keep reminding myself that this baby is MORE than worth it...but it's hard to remember right now. It will be better in a couple weeks when I can hear a heartbeat.

No comments: