Friday, August 19, 2011

365 Challenge #200 (aka: The Tragic Death of My Garden This Year)

First, my 8 beautiful tomato plants caught an incurable disease that turned all their leaves brown and shriveled. I can't remember the name of it, but Nate and his dad tried to explain it to me. I got a few tomatoes before they completely died.
Then, we went to North Carolina, and THIS happened. The grass and weeds went from less than an inch tall to a forest. I'm scared to even walk in there to see if any watermelon survived.
I can almost hear the lettuce shrieking "NOOOOOOOOOO.........I'm choking........I'm dying a slow death!!!"
It is very, very sad. And my tired, sick pregnant self is not even going to attempt to save them.
My poor pansies didn't survive the 100+ degree weather while we were in North Carolina.
I almost cried....it was like losing a favorite pet.
Hoping next year goes better.

No comments: