Thursday, May 26, 2011

Joel's Room

Joel's room is FINALLY finished! (haha...it only took us 16 months) We moved him into it last Monday, and he sleeps so much longer than he used to in our room. Here are some before and after pictures...

Scraping off the old wallpaper

Painting the letters to his name....I got these at Hobby Lobby for 60 cents each.

The drywall was falling off in chunks off the ceiling. Nate fixed it.

Hand painted the letters....and the clouds.

Done! We purchased and fixed everything for less the $75...including all new paint. I found the giraffe for a dollar at a garage sale last summer. The pictures were buy one get one free, and the wooden animals (I glued on the wall with wall glue) were 50 cents--both at Hobby Lobby.



I've moved the wall animals around (specifically the giraffe) since I took this picture....they look much better now.

The clouds helped hide the defects in the ceiling. I used white paint and a regular, medium sized paintbrush.

1 comment:

tscarlet said...

So cute and fun! Glad he's sleeping better in there!