Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update

Well first things first...I suppose I should give a small update on what the sibling authors of this blog have been up to for the past year.

Isaac has one year left of high school. He loves public speaking and debate and all things involving history, current events, and politics. He won first place in...well...a LOT of his speech tournaments this year.

Micah is almost done with his senior year of high school. He's thinking of going to LeTourneau, but hasn't made up his mind yet. He's really interested in Bible translation. As you can see, he's a very good uncle.

Jacob met and walked down the aisle at my wedding with one of my bridesmaids, Carmen...

and less than a year later, walked down the aisle again with her :) He really should post his proposal story on here... They are now living at LeTourneau in TX. Jacob is studying aeronautical science. Carmen went to the same midwifery school I went to and will probably be doing some baby catching in TX.

Taylor is finishing up his second year at LeTourneau. He's applying for dental school (and I can't wait for him to be a dentist because I have one more wisdom tooth that needs removed). He's on a research team and will be traveling to Kenya this summer (lucky! :)

I, of course, married that wonderful childhood sweetheart

and moved to Michigan

and nine months later....this handsome dude came along whom we like to call Mr. Joel

and what a joy and blessing he is to us!

Well....he didn't just come along...first there were six months of puking and three more months of feeling like a beached whale...or a walrus stuck on land...or an elephant who lost all four legs...or...you get the idea.

So, I think that's about it. I'm thoroughly enjoying being a stay at home mom...much more than I ever dreamed I could. I just love my little family!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Hey, you posted :D Very good brief summary of the last years' happenings.

-Taylor